Effective Date: January 01, 2020
Please note that the use of the ZuriTap Platform constitutes your acceptance of this Policy. If you do not agree with how we have determined to handle your information, please do not visit or use the ZuriTap Platform
1. Effective Date and Changes
This Policy applies to all information collected by or provided to us on or after the Effective Date. ZuriTap will periodically review and revise this Policy as ZuriTap modifies the Platform and will update the Effective Date above upon any such changes. We will treat your continued use of the ZuriTap Platform following such changes as your acceptance of them. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy.
If our practices change regarding previously collected Personal Information in a way that would be materially less restrictive than those policies in effect at the time we collected the information, we will make reasonable efforts to provide notice and to obtain consent to any such uses as may be required by law, but we will not be liable for any failure to do so.
2. Personal Information Collected on the ZuriTap Platform
we respect your rights to your own privacy, we are committed to our policies established for the collection and/or use of your “Personal Information,” which is hereby defined as “full name, username, postal address, phone number, email address, age, birth date, and any information that could be used to identify, contact, or locate you directly without using the ZuriTap Platform.”
By using the ZuriTap Platform, you are authorizing us to collect, parse, and retain data related to the provision of the ZuriTap Platform. However, we also provide Users with options and choices regarding how we use and disclose some or all of your Personal Information, as set forth specifically below, including how to access, correct, and/or remove it. You may avoid further said data collection by uninstalling the App from your mobile device and not otherwise using the ZuriTap Platform.
ZuriTap Platform collects information about you in the following general categories when you use it.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details per service requested on ZuriTap Platform, such as type of service requested, date and time of service, amount charged, distance traveled, intra-User communications, ratings and reviews, and other related transaction details.
- Provider Registration and Payment: To register as a Provider, you may need to provide other Personal Information, including your Social Security number, bank account and a U.S. government-issued I.D., and in some jurisdictions, we may collect additional business or contractor licenses for verification. We share certain information with our partners who help us by running background checks on Providers to help protect the ZuriTap community. We may use report information we receive from background check service providers for the purposes of assessing whether to permit an individual to use the ZuriTap Platform as a Provider and to comply with applicable law. To make sure Providers get paid, we keep information about Provider’s bank routing numbers, tax information, and any other payment information provided by Providers. To keep your data secure, we do not store your full bank account information or Social Security number on our servers.
- Location Information: We collect precise location data through the App when it is used by Providers if the Providers' devices permit such information collection. We may collect this information when Providers use certain functionality, such as navigating to a location to provide the Services, and we may also collect the precise location of a Provider’s device when the App is running in the foreground or background. We may derive a Provider’s approximate location from the Provider’s IP address. The ZuriTap Platform utilizes geo-location features to match Customers to Providers, to update Customers on the status of Providers en route to perform Services, to confirm that a Provider performed Services, and to improve the services on the ZuriTap Platform.
We also may use and disclose geo-location we collect through the ZuriTap Platform for other business purposes, including for legal purposes (such as to enforce our agreements) and in the event of a proposed or actual merger, sale, or other business asset transfers. The geo-location information obtained about a User will be retained in an identifiable manner, along with geo-location data about job sites where Providers performed Services on initial and/or follow-up jobs.
- ZuriTap Payment Method: When you add a credit card or payment method to your ZuriTap account, a third party that handles payments for us will receive your card information. To keep your financial data secure, we do not store full credit card information on our servers.
- Customer Support: We may collect Personal Information through your communications with our customer-support team.
- Usage and Preference Information: We collect information that is generated automatically about how you and visitors interact with the ZuriTap Platform, preferences expressed, and settings chosen.
- Communications Between Users: As an enhanced privacy feature, we use a third-party service called Twilio to mask the telephone numbers used during calls or texts (SMS) between Users (See additional provisions regarding Twilio herein below). We do not reveal telephone numbers submitted on file, although we store any call data, including associated date, time, and content.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including the following examples: the hardware model, operating system/version, software names/versions, file names/versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Log Information: When you interact with the ZuriTap Platform, we collect server logs, which may include device IP addresses, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, browser type, and the third-party site/service accessed immediately prior to interacting with the ZuriTap Platform.
- Third-Party Site Account Access: If you log in to the ZuriTap Platform through a social networking site, such as Google or Facebook, we may collect your authentication token, registration information, and account identification number and use that information to provide you with access to your account on the ZuriTap Platform.
3. Use of Information
We only use your Personal Information for ZuriTap-Platform related purposes.
Specifically, the purposes of our “use” include platform-analytics, marketing, advertising, and other purposes designed to help us efficiently operate and improve the ZuriTap Platform in the following manner:
- to contact you in connection with your ZuriTap-related activities (including, but not limited to, confirmation emails, account verification text messages, push notification alerts, or important alerts that could affect your relationship with ZuriTap),
- for identification and authentication,
- for security and fraud prevention,
- to perform background checks,
- to investigate potential unauthorized use of your information by a Provider,
- to communicate Service requests from you to other Users, and/or
- to suggest potential Customers for your Services.
- to advertise, promote and market ZuriTap services and products.
- to continuously evaluate and improve the online and mobile user experience.
- 4. Advertising and Advertising Opt-Out Provisions
We may use your Personal Information to provide advertising on/for the ZuriTap Platform. At ZuriTap, however, we do not rent, sell, or share your Personal Information with other parties or nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes without your express consent.
We may also send you email and other messages with personalized offers and information about services, and we may use Personal Information to show you online advertising on the ZuriTap Platform, other websites, and other online services.
ZuriTap provides Users the opportunity to opt out of receiving email marketing communications from us and our partners and gives Users the option to remove their information from our database, to not receive future email marketing communications, or to no longer receive our service. If you receive an unsolicited marketing email from a ZuriTap email address, please contact email@example.com.
- Network Advertising Initiative (NAI)
- Browser Opt-Out: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
- Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA)
We also use Twitter Ads products for purposes of conversion tracking and serving ads targeted to users’ interests. You can opt out of interest-based advertising on Twitter by adjusting your personalized ad settings for your Twitter account, or using the DAA’s opt out tool above. You can also learn more about Twitter Ads programs at: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170405.
Please note that when you opt out of personalized advertising, you may continue to see online advertising on the ZuriTap Platform and/or our ads on other Internet websites.
We may anonymize or aggregate data collected through the ZuriTap Platform and use it for any authorized purpose.
- Use of Your Profile Pictures and Other Job-related Pictures
Unless we expressly obtain your individual permission, ZuriTap will only use your Photos specifically for ZuriTap-platform related purposes, such as showing job-related pictures as well as marketing, advertising, and other related purposes. ZuriTap enables Users to post job-related pictures, including “before” and “after” job pictures, to third-party websites and apps. ZuriTap will not share your Photos with other third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- Disclosure of Information to Others
When you use the ZuriTap Platform, our third-party partners, such as ad networks and analytics providers, use tracking technologies to collect information about how the ZuriTap Platform is used and about the devices used to access the ZuriTap Platform. Our partners also may collect information about your online activities over time and on other websites or apps. When our third-party partners provide such features, they are governed by the privacy policies of their governing organizations. You may be able to change browser or app settings to block and delete these technologies when you access the ZuriTap Platform, but that might interfere with the ZuriTap Platform’s proper functioning.
To operate the ZuriTap Platform, including processing your transactions and supporting your activities on the ZuriTap Platform, we may share your Personal Information with vendors, agents, and third-party service providers in exchange for their support services like email origination, receipt/support services, and other user relationship management services.
As set forth herein, we do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information (as defined by California Civil Code § 1798.83) about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes unless we have your permission. We may allow access to other data collected by the ZuriTap Platform to enable the delivery of our online advertising on the ZuriTap Platform and on other websites and online services, or to send you information we think may be useful or relevant to you. The following are examples of how we share your information with third-party service providers.
- Data Analytics: We retain third-party service providers to help us perform data analytics regarding your interactions with the ZuriTap Platform. For example, we use Google Analytics Service for purposes of analyzing usage of the ZuriTap Platform. You can find information about Google's privacy practice at: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
- Payment Processing: We use Stripe for USA and flutterwave for Africa to process any billing information between Users and between Users and us, including credit card information Users submit. You can find information about Stripe's privacy practice at https://stripe.com/us/privacy. and https://flutterwave.com/privacy-policy/.
- Background Checks Service Providers: We use Checkr and Evident for purposes of performing background checks on Providers that register to perform Services for Customers on the ZuriTap Platform. During the registration process, the information you provide to Checkr is transmitted using SSL encryption, which is a primary tool in protecting sensitive operations with web servers during data transport of information that allows for a secure connection between the two parties. You can find information about Checkr's privacy practice at: https://checkr.com/privacy-policy/. and Evident's privacy practice at https://www.evidentid.com/privacy-policy/.
- Charitable Donation Programs: We may offer opportunities within the ZuriTap Platform for Users to donate to charitable organizations. If you voluntarily agree to donate to a charitable organization by taking affirmative steps within the ZuriTap Platform, then you hereby authorize ZuriTap to provide your Information to such charitable organization to facilitate your donation to their charitable campaign.
- Other Users: When you agree to provide Services as a Provider, we will display certain information about you to the Customer who requested the work, including your name, photograph, geo-location, and rating, and such information may also be visible to users of our Platform Partners’ websites. When you submit a Service request as a Customer, we will display certain information about you to Providers, including your name, address, photograph (if any), rating, and photographs of the job site.
- Social Networking and Other Websites: The ZuriTap Platform may allow you to share information, including Personal Information, with social networking websites, such as Facebook, Google, etc. Except for our marketing and advertising purposes, we do not share your Personal Information with them unless you specifically authorize it. If you choose to log in to the ZuriTap Platform through social networking websites, we may share information about your account with the social networking site. Their use of the information will be governed by their privacy policies, and you may be able to modify your privacy settings on their websites.
- Legal and Similar Disclosures: We may access, preserve, and disclose collected information, if we believe doing so is required or appropriate in the following situations: to comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; to respond to your requests; or to protect your, our, or others' rights, property, or safety. We may also disclose your Personal Information as part of a dispute among Users or between Users and ZuriTap as well as to an attorney in the process of obtaining legal advice.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of ZuriTap assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract. We cannot control how such entities may use or disclose such information.
- With Your Permission: We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission as set forth herein.
- Research and Development: We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
- Platform Partners: Some third-party sites link to the ZuriTap Platform and share information with ZuriTap.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Technologies
Any third party with whom we are allowed to share your Personal Information is authorized to use your Personal Information in accordance with our contractual arrangements with such third parties and in accordance with their own privacy policies, over which we have no control. You agree that we are not responsible or liable for any of their actions or omissions. Those who contact you will need to be instructed directly by you regarding your preferences for the use of your Personal Information by them.
- How to Edit Your Personal Information
ZuriTap provides you with the ability to access and edit your Personal Information: Sign into the app, access the Settings menu, and then tap on “My Profile” to view and update/correct your account information. So that we can protect the integrity of sensitive data, there are certain pieces of information, such as your age, that you cannot alter yourself. Please contact us at support@zuriTap.com to change information you cannot access through your account.
- Information Retention
To preserve the integrity of our databases, standard procedure calls for us to retain information submitted by members for an indefinite length of time. You agree that we may store the information we collect for this indefinite length of time.
- 10. Children's Information
We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13, as the ZuriTap Platform is not directed at Users under 18. If you are a parent and believe that your child under the age of 13 has used the ZuriTap Platform and provided personal identifiable information to us through the ZuriTap Platform, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our mailing address so we can delete that account and/or any Personal Information collected from them on the ZuriTap Platform.
- Our Security Precautions
Your ZuriTap profile is password-protected so that only you and authorized ZuriTap employees have access to your account information. In order to maintain this protection, do not give your password to anyone. ZuriTap staff will never proactively reach out to you and ask for any personal account information, including your password. If you share a computer or mobile device, in order to protect your information entered on public terminals from disclosure to third parties, you should sign out of your ZuriTap account and close the browser window before someone else logs on. ZuriTap has security measures in place intended to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control.
International. Your information may be transferred to and maintained on computer networks which may be located outside of the state, province, or other governmental jurisdiction in which you reside; and the privacy laws governing the country/jurisdiction of these computer networks may be less protective.
ZuriTap takes steps to ensure that your information is secure on its system. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, ZuriTap cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. ZURITAP EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ENSURING, GUARANTEEING, OR OTHERWISE OFFERING ANY DEFINITIVE PROMISE OF SECURITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR USAGE INFORMATION AND FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY THAT MAY ARISE SHOULD ANY OTHER INDIVIDUALS OBTAIN THE INFORMATION YOU SUBMIT TO THE ZURITAP PLATFORM.
- Contacting ZuriTap
If you have any questions about this Policy, the practices of ZuriTap, or your dealings with ZuriTap, you may contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail at